It turned out to be a very bright, beautiful Monday morning, no kidding.
Good day to get the keys, perhaps. Fingers crossed.
We brought the final cheque payment ... just in case. Had it settled with the bank for at least 2 weeks already. Besides, we can't afford for another week delay. Had lined up a number of pending deliveries that Friday. Otherwise, we're in for some more nasty penalty fees.
We were so looking forward on having the handover, if not the following day, the day after that. But not the following week, or the week after that. That day.
Our SM was on time. Good guy, our SM. Just came back from a 3-week break. Thought he abandoned us and handed over the reins completely to our CM. He didn't. Nothing wrong with our CM, but our SM really tried his best to get us through the hurdles. Top bloke.
QA#3 commenced ...
- Articulation joints fixed ... check
- Sarking under the roof tiles under the downpipe spreader ... check
- Joint gap in the porch deck fixed ... check
- Agri drains around the site cut at the rear ... check
- External powerpoints sealed ... check
- Flashings to fall back away from the house ... check
- Exhaust fans to be ducted though to the outside air ... outside vents installed, but ducted? Need to get SM to confirm.
- Scratched glass panels replaced with new (x5) ... check
- Roof light switch relocated close to access door ... check
- Roof bearers under heating unit ... upgraded roof trusses certified to hold full weight of heating unit
- Leaking downpipes fixed ... check
- Paint touchups ... nope ... tri-sliding doors need to be re-stained (minor)
QA complete. Outstanding items still to be fixed. Show stopper ... No!
Can we handover now?